Lilypie

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Advent season

Advent season starts today (29 November 2009) and Christmas Day is near. I managed to buy Chrismas cards from my church who sells it for the National Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Malaysia.
One of the cards reminded me of Christmas : "JESUS is the reason for Christmas".


I have started teaching bbX about how Jesus looks like. So, whenever I ask "Where is Jesus?" He will point at Jesus. I will praise him "Good boy!" and give him a big hug.

Nowadays, Chrismas season in Malaysia is becoming more commercial. Christmas trees nicely decorated everywhere in shopping malls and santa claus will be appearing very soon. We only meet the real Christmas in church and without the realization of the real Christmas, children will not realize that they are celebrating for Jesus Christ.

Therefore, the real Christmas gifts should be the gift of blessings and well wishes to our loved ones and fellowship gatherings with our loved ones.

I was thinking about putting up our Christmas tree for the coming Christmas but knowing that bbX will definitely put his hands on it, I think, Christmas is still fullfilled without the tree. I will be worry free without the tree in the living room and start to teach bbX that we do not need a Christmas tree during Christmas. We can still decorate it next year, but We need Jesus all the time.

No comments: